Victoria is increasingly becoming a location of choice for film and TV producers from around the country, and around the globe and this region is certainly featuring prominently.
Our diverse landscapes are ideal sets for lands near and far, and our close proximity to Melbourne means the locations are within easy reach.
Most recent 2018 filming we know of, in our region is an overseas promotional video for Tourism Australia - to promote Victoria in UK ... see more
The Dressmaker (2015) leads this list of productions which have used this region for filming -
This Australian feature film The Dressmaker was shot on location in Victoria including Mt Rothwell Biodiversity Interpretation Centre and the Balliang Church. Interior sets to match the locations built at Docklands Studios Melbourne. A cinematic adaptation of Australian author Rosalie Ham’s bestselling novel, The Dressmaker was produced by Victorian Sue Maslin and directed by Jocelyn Moorhouse. Jacobsen, Sarah Snook and Deborah Mailman and was released in September 2015.
- The Moon and the Sun (2015) a range of locations throughout Victoria including Werribee Park Mansion.
- Killer Elite (2011): You Yangs
- The Pacific (2007/2008): included Ballarat and You Yangs,
- Where the Wild Things Are (2006): some filming at the nearby Werribee stone quarry
- Ghost Rider (2005): You Yangs
- Ned Kelly (2003) at Mt Rothwell and Little River
- Queen of the Damned (2002) in nearby Werribee
- Mad Max (1979) Little River
plus a number of Australian TV productions.