- Brisbane Ranges National Park - renown for its diversity of wildflowers, geology and wildlife - short and long bushwalks, rock climbing and abseiling, orienteering and 4 camping grounds. On Trip Advisor
- You Yangs Regional Park - well known by international visitors - wildlife, koalas and research, recreation, cycling, mountain bike riding, horse riding, rock climbing and abseiling, orienteering. On Trip Advisor
- Serendip Sanctuary – is the perfect place to learn about and experience birdlife and wetlands ecology, - wildlife sanctuary, kangaroos, birds, breeding On Trip Advisor
- Mt Rothwell Conservation and Research Centre – endangered animals, sanctuary, night walks, international and local visitors On Trip Advisor
- Lara Museum and Historical Centre cnr Forest Road South and Canterbury Road West, Lara - Open to public Wednesdays and Sundays
- Kevin Hoffman Walk a gentle walking track that showcases a unique collection of native plants, sculptures, birds and wildlife in Lara.
- Limeburners Lagoon State Nature Reserve with Ramsar wetlands
- "Farming Moorabool" - organise a special group farm gate tour and find local produce in the nearby area.
- Roraima Nursery's display gardens in Lara featuring unusual plants together with industrial artefacts, recycled materials, and innovative landscaping ideas. Open 9am - 4pm 7 days a week - gold coin donation. 20 Swan Street, Lara (03) 5282 8704 Flame Tree Cafe is also on site.
Reserves along the Little River and Werribee River eg Ripley Reserve 2525 Bacchus Marsh-Geelong Rd Balliang VIC 3340
- Scenic landscapes – You Yangs, the Granites, Anakie hills, Little River and Anakie gorges, picturesque treed valleys and open volcanic plains, tree-lined country roads amongst attractive farm vistas.
- Wildlife Tours - Echidna Walkabout brings international guests to the You Yangs and Serendip to see Australian wildlife in their natural habitat as part of their small group nature tours as well as cruise ship tours. See website if you have guests or are wishing to join a tour.
Also check more about What's in this Region - there is so much on offer.