While staying in this region - you will be ideally situated to take day trips by car or train to visit Melbourne .... only about an hour away
and Geelong which is even closer.
and nearby you can do day visits to -
- Bacchus Marsh Village - with local produce, Pick Your Own farms [seasonally]
- Lerderderg Gorge, Werribee Gorge, Long Forest Nature Reserve, and Wombat State Forest
- Werribee Open Range Zoo - an African experience close to home
- Werribee Mansion, Victoria State Rose Garden, Werribee Park Golf Course, Shadowfax Winery, Werribee Park National Equestrian Centre
- Werribee's Western Treatment Plant Wetlands –one of Australia’s most important wetlands for waterbirds, and is listed under the international Ramsar Convention.
- Torquay and the Surf Coast
- and the famous Great Ocean Road.
- Point Cook RAAF Museum, Point Cook Homestead and Point Cook Coastal Park and Cheetham Wetlands
Special Events nearby
The famous Meredith Music Festival - annual festival
The Australian International Airshow and Aerospace & Defence Exposition is held at Avalon every two years. One of Asia-Pacific's most prestigious aviation and aerospace events and the most comprehensive aviation, aerospace and defence exposition in the southern hemisphere.